For the past two and a half years I have endured a very challenging divorce. It is still not final. That being said, I decided from the beginning, that I would use this as an opportunity to become better, not bitter. With two children, I understand that they model me and they count on me, so it was an open door to showing them that we could grow stronger as a family. I wanted them to see that trials can make you better as an individual.
Sounds pretty good right? If you are reading this, you know how messy the divorce process is- isolating, emotional wrenching, and draining. Family and friends can be the best support during times like this, along with divorce groups and people who have walked a similar path. I do believe it is during this challenging time that you have a beautiful opportunity to grow and be an even better version of yourself, but it is so very challenging. Some days you just want to throw in the towel and give up. During those times you may become distracted and pulled in so many different directions- wrong directions, directions that can actually derail your healing- and who needs that? When you feel discouraged, why not check in to my blog for a little pick-me-up?
I will tell you upfront that my faith in God has fueled every tiny step I have taken along this path. Really, I couldn’t have done it without Jesus holding my right hand every step of the way. And the miracles I have seen along the way? Unbelievable, making me speechless and in awe all the time. So this blog couldn’t happen without God’s guidance.
That being said, my mission for this blog is the following:
- It will inspire you to be better not bitter.
- I love to read and have immersed myself in countless good books that have been priceless tools in this journey. I will share as many of these resources as possible.
- I know some days you could just use a hug. Someone to tell you it will all be okay. I hope that I can be that encouragement for you during those dark times, when you feel alone and isolated.
- I will talk about God in this blog. He is everything to me and if you have Him with you along on this journey you will be okay. You really will. I promise!
- This blog may at times make you laugh ( I need some good laughs through all this stress!)
- Any other tools I can provide to you I will to help you take that first step along the straight and narrow path to healing from your divorce.
So, if you are interested, grab a cup of tea (my fave), take a deep breath, and relax for just a few moments today while you read my blog. I will admit too, this is my first blog, so I have a lot to learn. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Take care and be good to yourself today. You are fabulous, so don’t forget it or let anyone else tell you different!